COVID 19 has shut down gyms and blocked access to outdoor exercise for many people. Folks are looking for alternative ways of staying fit and healthy.
Fat burners are becoming more popular as people look for ways to keep the excess pounds off. Skald Fat Burner, available through Amazon, has gained some popularity in this scene. Suitable for both men and women, it claims to boost your energy levels, fat loss, and even your mood.
Let’s take a look at what this supplement really is and what goes into making it. If you’re worried about whether or not works, potential side effects, and possible alternatives, read on.
Designed to Help You Meet Your Fitness Goals
Manufactured by BELDT labs, this dietary supplement is designed to help you hit your fitness goals faster. It is formulated to help control cravings and suppress appetite, as well as melt fat off your body. It also helps to boost energy and heighten focus.
The manufacturer also claims that this is the first and only dietary supplement on the market that helps to increase airflow to your lungs, improving your fat burn.
There are a lot of claims that Skald is the best fat burner on the market. But let’s look past the hype and answer some of the real questions:
- Does Skald Fat Burner really work?
- What’s inside the capsules?
- Is Skald safe to use?
- Are there any side effects?
Does Skald Fat Burner Really Work?
It’s important to understand that most dietary supplements listed as fat burners have not been scientifically proven to work. They do, however, usually contain several ingredients that in and of themselves, are known to boost metabolism and fat burn.
Skald Fat Burner is no different and contains a set of plant extracts, vitamins, and minerals. The list reads relatively short, though, and misses some ingredients popular in other fat burner products.
Ingredients in Skald Fat Burner
The first thing we have to mention is that Skald contains a proprietary blend. It makes it hard to get a good read on the product’s efficiency as there’s no way to tell how much of which ingredient is added.
That aside, as we’ve already mentioned, the ingredient list is quite short. Let’s take a look at some of the more important ingredients and see how they contribute to fat loss and boosting energy.
· Caffeine Anhydrous
Skald relies on caffeine as one of its top ingredients, just like many other dietary supplements. It is also the only ingredient on the label with a clearly indicated dose. At 110 mg per serving, this is pretty standard and well within the accepted range of tops 400 mg.
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine is an amino acid. This ingredient can help to improve mental alertness and memory, especially during stressful situations.
· Green Tea Leaf Extract
A great source of antioxidants, green tea also contains caffeine. It is one of the most popular and accepted ingredients in dietary supplements. Skald doesn’t state the dosage, however.
· Bitter Orange Extract
Some studies suggest that bitter orange can reduce anxiety and help with weight loss when combined with caffeine and a low-calorie diet. But it may be unsafe as it contains synephrine and may raise blood pressure.
· White Willow Bark
There isn’t much conclusive research available on this ingredient, making it hard to judge its effectiveness. There are many better-researched ingredients with proven efficacy that could have replaced this one.
Bioperine is known to help in food absorption and increasing metabolism. But it can also cause several unpleasant side effects in people, including gastrointestinal and respiratory problems.
· Mullein Leaf Powder
Mullein Leaf Powder may be one of the ingredients that Skald attributes its respiratory assistance to. Known to clear mucus from the body, this herb is often used in treating respiratory problems.
Theobromine is another ingredient that assists with respiration. It is a potent bronchodilator, meaning it opens up airways in the body. It may also provide improved blood flow.
Is Skald Safe to Use?
It’s worth noting that the FDA is not authorized to approve dietary supplements. It is the manufacturers of the product that are responsible for making sure it’s safe before marketing it.
Having said that, Skald Fat Burner doesn’t list any ingredients that are banned by the FDA or major sports councils. The ingredients list seems safe in general, although it’s impossible to tell how much of which is there due to the proprietary formula.
If you’re sensitive to caffeine and stimulants in general, you might want to try another supplement. The same goes if you know yourself to be allergic to any of the listed ingredients. Bioprene, for example, is a known allergen.
If you have any kind of medical condition, it’s best to consult with your doctor first before starting any dietary supplements.
What Are Users Saying?
Most people have not reported any problems from using the Skald Fat Burner.
There are some consumers, though, that have complained about the product giving them heartburn. And some people have mentioned that they’ve seen only a little energy boost without much fat burn effect.
- May help control food cravings
- May help boost metabolism and fat burn
- Can boost energy and focus
- May help increase airflow to your lungs, improving fat burn
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Contains caffeine
- Contains some ingredients known to cause allergies
- Proprietary formula, ingredient amounts not known
- Lacks some ingredients known to help fat burn, like green coffee bean
We’d have to say that while popular enough, this wouldn’t be our first pick for a fat burning supplement. The proprietary formula makes it hard to gauge the efficacy of the ingredients. And some ingredients don’t seem to have any clear, research-backed effects.
Take a look at our list of the best fat burners to try if you’re looking to boost your metabolism and achieve your fitness goals faster. Two in particular that we would recommend are PhenQ and InstantKnockout.
Alternatives to Skald Fat Burner
Skald Fat Burner’s (in our opinion) less-than-optimal choice of ingredients puts it behind some other fat burner supplements. So does the fact that it has a proprietary formula.
It is our top-rated pick in our list of the best fat burners on the market. This product has had incredible success, with over 190,000 satisfied users.
Designed to burn fat fast, it blocks fat production to prevent further weight gain. PhenQ also works to suppress appetite and help control cravings. It helps increase your energy levels and has a positive effect on your mood.
A lot of reviewers have commented that they have seen positive results even outside of the gym, with increased focus and productivity.
PhenQ’s 5-way action is designed to make it a super-efficient fat burner. You will see results regardless of your gender, current fitness level and goals, or age. The formula seems to help even without doing any strenuous workout.
The manufacturers do, however, state that regular exercise and a balanced diet will achieve the best results when using PhenQ.
- Capsimax powder: This is a blend of capsicum, piperine, caffeine, and vitamin B3. This power mix will help improve food absorption, boost your metabolism, and raise your energy levels.
- Chromium Picolinate is an ingredient that helps to metabolize carbs and helps metabolism in general. It can also help lower blood sugar and cholesterols levels.
- L-Carnitine Furmarate: some studies indicate that this ingredient may increase muscle mass, decrease fat mass, and reduce fatigue, assisting in weight loss.
- Nopal is a cactus native to South America. It is valued for its various health benefit as it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
PhenQ also contains A-LACYS RESET, which is actually the product’s main ingredient. PhenQ claims this formula aids in slimming, detoxification, anti-aging, and training.
- Results are visible within a few weeks of using PhenQ
- Works even without a rigorous exercise regimen
- Suppresses appetite and helps control cravings
- Increases metabolism
- Boost energy and improves your mood
- Works equally well for men and women
- Manufactured in an FDA-approved lab
- Research-backed formula
PhenQ comes in capsule form, with 60 caps per bottle. The recommended dosage is two caps daily, so one bottle should last you 30 days. Individual results will vary, but this product has worked well for tens of thousands of people.
Instant Knockout ★★★★★
Another good fat burning supplement is Instant Knockout. Packed with several ingredients known to help burn fat and boost metabolism, this product is manufactured in an FDA- approved and GMP-certified lab. It is as close you can get to an assurance of a dietary supplement’s quality.
With a clear list of ingredients and usage instructions, Instant Knockout has nothing to hide. Designed to burn fat faster, this product does so by boosting your metabolism and suppressing appetite. It increases energy, focus, and endurance.
InstantKnockout works to help you lose weight without losing hard-earned muscle mass. An added advantage is that the ingredients are non-GMO and gluten-free, making it less allergenic.
- Green Tea Extract is an excellent source of antioxidants. It also contains caffeine, which can help keep you alert, powering you through your workouts.
- Cayenne Pepper Seeds shouldn’t scare you. You won’t feel any burn to your mouth or throat. This ingredient is included due to its powerful thermogenic properties. It is also a rich source of vitamins A, B6, and C.
- Glucomannan is an ingredient with properties known to suppress appetite and reduce cravings. This is what will help you keep your calorie intake under control.
- Caffeine Anhydrous is a staple in most fat-burning supplements. It is a stimulant, helping to sharpen your focus and boost energy.
- GTF Chromium is a mineral that some studies have shown to help control insulin and boost energy levels. It can also help fight food cravings.
- Piperine is a useful ingredient when it comes to boosting metabolism and nutrient absorption. It also helps to improve memory.
- Green Coffee Bean is a popular ingredient in various dietary supplements. It can help reduce sugar cravings and lower cholesterol levels. It also helps in improving the metabolism of glucose and reducing blood pressure.
All the ingredients in InstantKnockout are known to have a beneficial effect when it comes to fat burn and boosted energy levels. The formula is transparent, with no banned ingredients on the list.
You should check with your doctor before starting this or any other supplement if you have any medical conditions. Also, be sure to check that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Transparent formula
- Good set of ingredients
- Natural, non-GMO ingredients
- Suitable for both men and women
- Can help boost energy and focus
- Helps with suppressing appetite and food cravings
- 100% money-back guarantee
InstantKnockout comes in capsule form, with 60 caps per bottle. The recommended dose is 1 capsule daily to start with. You can up it with time if you like, but the manufacturer advises no more than 2 capsules per 24 hours.
Due to the high caffeine content, you should also be careful taking this supplement later in the day. It could impact your sleep negatively.
Fat burners are currently trending as people look for ways to boost their health and fitness, especially when forced to stay at home. Skald Fat Burner has recently gained some popularity.
And while not a bad product, Skald wouldn’t be our first pick. It is mainly because of it’s proprietary (read non-transparent) formula and somewhat questionable choice of ingredients. It’s hard to get a read on how efficient the formula really is.
Instead, we’d recommend PhenQ or InstantKnockout. Both have received great feedback from users and have a fully transparent list of research-backed ingredients. Take a look at these, and some of our other favorite picks on our list of the best fat burner supplements.